The inceasing rate of people complaining of Hackers hi-jacking their Fanpage these days is getting higher. Recently only
larger fan pages (those with one-
hundred thousand or more fans) have
been hacked, smaller sized fan pages are starting to be hacked along side
those larger pages too which makes people lost alots of Tracfics to their site/blogs.
SsquareTech have figured out as well as
educated a lot of Facebook fan page
owners about how they can get their
fan pages back once they have been
hacked, but the intent behind this
particular article is to show you the way to defend your Facebook fan page account
from hackers regardless of whether
you have a small or large page.
Although it does not
stop the page from being hacked. It will
allow you to reclaim your administrator
rights to the page back when the hackers have
deleted you. It is important to make sure your page is protected in this way
because it is extremely difficult to get
anyone at Facebook to return the page to
their rightful owners.
16 Steps To Protect Your Facebook Fanpage
Now follow this steps below
- 1. Setup a fake profile on Facebook and make friend with your orignal account(use
an email address or Phone number that is not already used
- 2. Log out of the fake account and log in
to your Facebook account that has
administrator privileges on the page or pages that you would like to protect.
- 3. Click the ‘Account’ Button in the upper
right of the screen.
- 4. Click on ‘Use Facebook As Page’ option. (The page name you intend to protect)
- 5. Click ‘Switch’ next the Fanpage that
you would like to protect.
- 6. Click ‘Edit Page’ button on the right
side or by the middle side of the screen.
- 7. WHen it opens, On the left side of the next screen click
- 8. In the ‘Specify an email address’ box
enter the email or the name you use for the fake account you created in step one and click ‘Save
- 9. Log out of Facebook and then Log in as
the fake account.
- 10. You should have received notice that
you were made an admin of the fan page.
- 11. Under ‘Account’ at the top right corner
click ‘Account Settings.’
- 12. Under ‘My Account’ & ‘Settings’ go to
Deactivate Account and click ‘deactivate.’
- 13. Walk through the deactivation process
and now your fake profile will be hidden and will not show as an administrator on
the protected page.
- 14. To reactivate the account all you have
to do is login with the same email or number and
password that you used to set up the
- 15. If your Page was hacked: Reactivate
fake profile, type the name of the page in
the search bar, and then remove the
hacker as administrator for the page.
(And report them to Facebook).
- 16. You can use your fake account to protect multiple pages, just make sure
the account is deactivated to protect the
Done! You can Like us on our Fan page http:/facebook.com/SsquareTech